Order Our CD's.....Read Our Reviews
Listen to us at your leisure.....Order our CD's today! Click here to download the form, complete and mail with your payment.
- If big bands really are dead, as I’ve often heard, why is it that world-class ensembles like the Indianapolis Jazz Orchestra keep springing up like weeds almost everywhere one looks in this great country of ours? ...this CD was most definitely a close encounter of the eye-opening (and jaw-dropping) kind.
- The IJO relies heavily on its stable of talented arrangers, and they come through with flying colors on every number, breathing new life into old standards, sculpting handsome original compositions, and even revitalizing the traditional hymn Amazing Grace.
- To say that the IJO is impressive is to understate the case. This is an orchestra that starts at impressive and keeps getting better. ...A blue-ribbon winner? No doubt about it. | Jack Bowers, allaboutjazz.com
- Your CD is one of the hottest new big band albums I've heard in a long time. Not only do the charts sound fresh on the air but the CD has generated a number of requests from listeners as well. And the CD is impeccably engineered. I give it a 10! I'll be playing this magnificent CD for a long time. | Ross Gentile, "Standards in Jazz," WSIE Radio, St. Louis, MO
- "I am always looking for new and exciting music to present to our listeners here in Central New York...I flipped when I heard your CD. The record swings like nothing I've heard in recent memory. Indianapolis jazz fans are lucky to have you guys." | Eric Cohen, Music Director, WAER Radio, Syracuse, NY
- "Very fresh and interesting arrangements and lots of entertaining, but musically aware performances. ...A CD that I will NOT just put on the shelf, but enjoy over and over!" | Mike Vax, band leader, soloist, and former Stan Kenton lead trumpet player
- "The band romps through a blend of five originals, seven jazz arrangements of standards and Broadway tunes, and a killer brass quintet chart of Amazing Grace. This is tight, enthusiastic ensemble work of punching precision with fresh interpretations of classic big band lore." | Chuck Workman, Nuvo Newsweekly, Indianapolis
- "...shows a lot of love for the art form. ...If I may mention (vocalist) Lydia Clowers, Her pitch and phrasing are just impeccable; (trombone soloist) Ryan Fraley; (alto sax soloist) Scott Hobson, great bebop style; (drummer) Ralph Johnson for his energy and the great ability to hold everything tightly together in all styles; (lead trumpet player) Jeff Anderson, for his consistency; and (flugel horn soloist) Don Smith in Midnight In Little Chicago for his beautiful musical soul." | Jens Wendelboe, noted Norwegian composer, big band leader, and currently Music Director for Donna Summer
- "...Fantastic production, great tunes and arrangements. (In particular) Lush Life is remarkable in its complexity... It’s one of the great tunes of all time and deserves this sophisticated embrace. Bravo!"
| James Grant, noted American composer
- "Really like it...the band is very good. You should be proud..." | John LaBarbera, noted big band composer, arranger, and jazz trumpeter, former Buddy Rich band member and arranger
- The ensemble and "the books" deserve plaudits for The 'Tooth, with its blend of eccentric swagger and mockery, and the brass-chorale like bookending of a fervent Amazing Grace. The Latin groove imparted to Body and Soul serves it well, and the arrangement builds convincingly to the sort of grandeur listeners for decades have turned to big bands for. | Jay Harvey, Indianapolis Star